We have extensive experience in the substantiation of administrative procedures, including their contentious stages, such as administrative appeals and the promotion of nullity trials, either before the Federal Administrative Court or Local Administrative Courts. The same occurs with the promotion of constitutional defense mechanisms before the Judicial Power of the Federation, passing through the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation.
The litigation team is distinguished by the design of comprehensive strategies in defense of the interests of our clients, characterized by the introduction of innovative arguments that revolutionize the criteria of our judicial authorities.
- Renewable energy companies against various acts of the Energy Regulatory Commission and the Ministry of Energy, which hinder or make their operations in Mexico more expensive, in the context of the energy reform.
- Transnational port company in the defense of the administrative acts under which it operates a car terminal in the port of Lazaro Cárdenas, as well as various containers in the ports of Tuxpan and Manzanillo.
- One of the most important digital hosting services platforms worldwide in various contentious proceedings related to consumer and personal data protection.
- One of the largest mining companies in Mexico on issues concerning the respect of rights granted by local governments through land use and occupation licenses.
- One of the largest Gasoline groups in Mexico in challenging various regulations related to its ordinary operation.
- The litigation team achieved the declaration of unconstitutionality of the amendment to the Mexican Official Standard NOM-016-CRE-2016, which regulates the quality of gasoline sold in our country, by the Second Chamber of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation. The declaration of unconstitutionality was due to the effects on air quality and health generated by the combustion of ethanol.
- Also, through an amparo trial, we were able to declare the unconstitutionality of the Partial Urban Development Program of Santa Fe for putting the integrity of the inhabitants of the area at risk.
- A transnational steel company for the recognition of a national water concession title essential for its daily operation.
- The team successfully challenged various official Mexican standards, such as NOM-005-SCFI-2005; NOM-181-SCFI-2010; NOM-005-SCFI-2011 and NOM-185-SCFI-2012.
- Investment arbitration promoted by Abengoa, administered by the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (Complementary Mechanism), against the United Mexican States.
- Abengoa in various amparo lawsuits aimed at annulling both the environmental impact authorization and the concession title granted by CONAGUA for the construction and operation of the El Zapotillo Aqueduct-Dam.