Carlos del Razo
Lawyer specialized in environmental and administrative law. He has more than twelve years of experience in the management of infrastructure projects and widely regulated industries, providing advice for obtaining and complying with permits and authorizations from the three orders of government, development of audits in environmental matters, as well as attention and relief from inspection procedures in environmental matters. Likewise, he assists our administrative litigation team in the design and execution of litigation strategies related to environmental and energy regulations.
Mr. del Razo is the national representative of the AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers) in Mexico and vice-president of its Environment and Energy Commission. He also serves as general secretary of the board of directors of the AMIA (Mexican Academy of Environmental Impact) and is an active member of the Civil Association "Centro de Políticas Públicas para el Desarrollo Sustentable", dedicated to the design and proposal of official Mexican standards in environmental matters and for which he collaborates pro-bono. Finally, Carlos is a professor of the Energy Law Specialty at the UNAM Law School, where he teaches "Energy Transition" and "Legal Principles of Carbon Reduction in the Energy Sector" and has taught Environmental Law and various talks on environmental policy at the Universidad Anáhuac del Sur.
- Legal representation for PETROFAC in various inspection procedures before PROFEPA, related to the exploitation of mature fields in Tabasco. The procedures were mainly related to aspects of remediation of contaminated sites and the handling of substances considered as highly hazardous.
- Advice to Carroll Farms (a Smithfield subsidiary) in the regularization and cancellation of more than 50 wastewater discharges in Veracruz, through the recognition by the National Water Commission of the implementation of a "0" zero discharge system. This included intensive collaboration and management with the Central Gulf Basin Authority.
- Legal advice to the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources for the design of a public trust dedicated to the acquisition and protection of strategic lands for conservation. The project established avenues for the acquisition of direct ownership of the land, as well as the acquisition of real rights through novel concepts such as "conservation easements".
- Advice to the "Super Via" Urban West Highway in the fulfillment of its obligations in environmental matters, in particular in matters of tree restitution.
- He served as a project manager in the development of an indigenous public consultation protocol for infrastructure projects of the former Sub-Directorate of Hydroelectric Projects of the Federal Electricity Commission.
- Energy Management Major, EGADE Business School, ITESM, Mexico 2018-2019.
- Master in Environmental Law and Policy, University of Kent, Canterbury, England 2012-2013.
- Law Degree, University of the Americas A.C. (UDLA), Mexico 2004-2009.